Old 21-02-2006, 09:49 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Rusty Hinge 2

Default rubbish help - poss OT

The message
from "Rupert" contains these words:
"H Ryder" wrote in message

Is there an easy way (in outlook express) to delete all the rubbish which
regularly appears each school holiday? The only way that I know is to
individually click to "ignore" each one but there are too many. TIA,

There are several different ways to deal with the problem in O/E.

Click on any message in the list Edit(on ribbon bar above toolbar)
Select

allEdit delete.
Net result is the lots gone .

You can be more selective if you wish by highlighting the first duff
message-
shift button and down arrow until you have selected as many as you want
EditDelete

You can also create a Rule to delete all post bigger than 40 (or whatever)
lines .Reset the folder using the maintenance options and reload the folder.

Have a play around

I wonder if Hayley is talking about the flood of rubbish which some prat
tried to dump in the group, but most servers filtered out?

It seems to have been a one-off exercise.

--
Rusty
Separator in search of a sig