Old 22-02-2006, 10:07 AM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Janet Tweedy

Default North facing wall climbers ??

In article , Sacha
writes

Whoa! Please tell me that the Japanese Maple is not going to go in a spot
that is windy? They're incredibly fussy about that and about being wet at
the root, too. Cold winds, in particular, are very bad news for them.
These are not easy plants, beautiful though they are indeed.

I've lost three to wind burn and also to too much sun! They are
temperamental in the extreme as I know someone who has one growing at
the end of the front garden on a slope in full sun and wind and that
one's fine. Maybe some species aren't so vulnerable?

Janet
--
Janet Tweedy
Dalmatian Telegraph