Old 22-02-2006, 11:27 AM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Chris

Default Vivaldi potato variety

In article , Mike Lyle
writes
Chris wrote:
In article , Janet Baraclough
writes
The message ]
from Chris ] contains these words:

Anyone tried growing these?
http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/uk/4689108.stm
They are reckoned to be delicious.

In blind taste comparisons on breakfast TV this am, every taster
picked them out ...as the worst tasting most insipid potato, rather
watery. Big thumbs down.

I bought some and baked them - and they were delicious.

Baking would bring out the best in a potato with a high water content,
which might not be so tasty when boiled. (Not that I ever boil old
potatoes, except for mashing.) Did you try them boiled or mashed?

Tried them mashed - and they were no good at all.
They wouldn't mash properly - had to put them in the word processor - I
mean ... Oh well - you probably know what I mean!
--
Chris