Old 22-02-2006, 05:23 PM posted to rec.gardens
George Shirley

Default Don't buy from Gurneys

Wild Bill wrote:
"George Shirley" wrote in message

higgledy wrote:

I am sure you expereinced gardners already know this, but Gurney's is
crazy with thier prices. Which mail order places do you buy from?

Pinetree Seeds and Burpee's.

George

Both good choices, George. I also like Territorial, Johnny's, and Nichol's
Garden Nursery. Three years ago I placed a large order with Gurney's, and
they botched it up so badly that I have sworn to never buy from them again.

Regards,
Bill

I've got a couple of seedsmen on my blacklist. Gurney's is just one of
them. Pinetree and Burpee's have never screwed up an order of mine,
neither has Johnny's, haven't ordered from the others. Thanks for the
advice though. We've downsized our gardens of late, only plant about
half what we used too, except for hot chiles. Gotta make that hot sauce
you know.

George