Old 22-02-2006, 09:10 PM posted to rec.gardens
Doug Kanter

Default Onions

"higgledy" wrote in message
oups.com...
Not true, Cactus Flower. You can plant them before the "frost-free
date." I am just not sure how before I can plant.

According to my source, onions will mature around late July/early
August. Is there another crop that I can plant after the onions are
harvested? Sorted of like farmers plant winter wheat after fall crops
are harvested.

Radishes & endive can also be planted in August. Matter of fact, if your
area, you can plant a late crop of bush bean in early to mid August, if you
get the onions out of the way.