Old 22-02-2006, 10:03 PM posted to rec.arts.bonsai
Nina

Default Best management practices

Jim pointed out:
But don't get paranoid. (Nina works around sick
trees -- and sometimes deliberately infects them
-- so it's always on her mind.) :-)

So true. So sadly true.

But I should point out that BMPs are suggestions, and generally
nurseries get certified if they do some percentage of the BMPs, like
80%. If the practice has no application to you, you don't need to do
it. If you live in an area with no fire blight, there's no point
worrying about it. And if your trees are healthy and happy, you're
probably doing everything right!

Nina.

Today I killed 4 viburnums and put their ripped up corpses on selective
media. Tomorrow I'll kill some lilacs. My significant other called me
the Josef Mengele of the plant world.