Old 23-02-2006, 01:44 AM posted to rec.ponds
~Roy~

Default pump recommendations?

Just what you had, a pondmaster mag drive by Danner. A lot of various
things can cause impellers to go south. Check out wlim pumps,
somewhat more expensive but IIRC he makes a submersible type, but the
majority ofhis pumps are external types, and probably the cadillacs or
BMW of pond pumps. Its hard to top a Pondmaster for economical use and
longevity and puling and replacing an impeller is quick and easy, and
rthey canbe run outside as well as submerged, so that tells me they
have a good set of field windings that can take the heat and not burn
out, unlike all the other brands that would toast themselves in short
order or tear up a seal.

On Wed, 22 Feb 2006 19:33:24 -0600, "David"
wrote:
I have been using a Pondmaster Pump in my pond. It is a 1500 gph pump and
has been a pretty good pump, although I have had to replace the impeller
twice. It recently died and I was wondering what other options are out
there. I need a pump that is low maintenance and can handle a bit of abuse
if I don't clean my pre-filter as often as I should. Any advice?

--
\\\|///
( @ @ )

oooO
\ ( ( )
\_) ) /
(_/
The original frugal ponder ! Koi-ahoi mates....