Old 23-02-2006, 12:14 AM posted to alt.home.lawn.garden
Timothy

Default soil ammendments which ones?

On Wed, 22 Feb 2006 14:21:47 +0000, turf doc wrote:

Soil amendments which ones?

Well I for one am fed up of not knowing which ones are any good, do we go
with peat? Mushroom? Seaweed? Or are there any other fantastic ideas out
there? Which ones are best with sand and which ones are best for clays
soils? Let's get the ball rolling on this topic because it's a bit of a
grey area that no one seems to talk about.

turf doc

What's up Doc..?
Organic matter is organic matter. What you choose and how you add it is up
to the end user IMHO. There isn't a perfect soil amendment. Amending clay
soil for a blueberry would be different than the amending for a cedar.
Amendments have to be tailored to the situation, the availability of
products to use and personal preference.

--
http://resources.ywgc.com/info/usenet.shtml