Old 22-02-2006, 11:28 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Bob Hobden

Default Design Student- looking for help and advice

"jenny2006" wrote

My name is jenny and I am currently in my last year at university
studying product design. For my final project I am trying to produce a
product that makes the gardening experience ultimately more enjoyable.

Excellent so far.

From research, I have noticed that preparation before, during and after
a gardening activity can take various length of time (By preparation I
mean finding the right tools, getting changed in to old cloths, making
cups of tea, having to take of dirty cloths before entering the house
e.t.c) which results in time being wasted and the experience being
frustrating.

true true.

Considering the above I have a few rough ideas on a product that keeps
all your tools and equipment together in one place and can be
transported in to the garden with ease so as everything is there when
you need it, as well allowing easy storage and organisation of tools

Got that, it's called a Landrover 90 utility (LR speak for van).

I would really appreciate any answers to the following questions as
well as to my initial idea mentioned above so as to help me gain a
better insight into the gardening experience:

What do you find most difficult with the gardening process?

Dealing with the pests and diseases (including human) and their aftermath.

What do you find most enjoyable about the garden process?

Growing stuff.

Where do you store your garden tools?

Landrover 90 utility

Are your Garden tools organised?

Yes to some extent.

Could you list your top 10 most important tools/equipment?

Wolf Multitool push pull weeder
....ditto... onion hoe on small handle
Digging fork
Draw hoe
Line
Measuring stick (6ft marked off in 3inch lengths so I can plant rows neatly)
Wire mesh fencing (to grow peas up)
8ft canes to grow beans up
Secateurs (various)
String.

Do you listed to music while you garden?

Certainly not, the point of being outside is to experience it, including the
sounds.(Birds, foxes, V12 Ferrari's etc)

--
Regards
Bob