Old 22-02-2006, 11:56 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Rupert

Default Hello and help

"James Fidell" wrote in message
Rupert wrote:

Welcome. It looks like some form of Euphorbia.

And another vote for euphorbia here.

James

I have been out with a torch--had a look and yes it is a Euphorbia.
In picture 1 that the OP gave you can just see a dead twiggy bit stuck up in
the middle of the picture. I chop it all back to get rid of those old
distorted grey stalks. In addition in picture 3 you can see that the stuff
in the border has spread to the adjoining lawn, which is typical of wood
spurge.It's a thug and worthy of any garden.

It would be nice to have a few more votes in favour of Euphorbia but some
clever bugga will identify it as a long lost Rhododendron or how about a
Paris Polyphllya .
The pictures of the stuff in the pots does look different from the border
stuff.