Old 23-02-2006, 10:16 AM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Sacha

Default Black Elder: harmful if eaten?

On 22/2/06 23:59, in article , "Andy
Mabbett" wrote:

In message , Janet Baraclough
writes
Even dogs who like eating fruit and berries, won't touch elderberries
ime.

Perhaps, but this one (the youngster; half Staffordshire Bull Terrier,
part whippet and part ferret) eats wallpaper, plaster, carpets,
chipboard, rubber gloves, one of my hats and a mobile phone (so far..!).

One of our Jack Russell's has eaten his way through about five beds of
differing kinds - he is particularly partial to that imitation sheepskin
stuff. He also catches and eats rats and rabbits (occasionally)and then
thoughtfully deposits the partially digested remains on the kitchen floor.
Our collie cross used to eat carrots and wandered around for hours with one
stuck out of the corner of her mouth, peering round bushes at people as if
to say "would you like to admire this carrot?" She stole them out of the
veg.rack.
--
Sacha
www.hillhousenursery.co.uk