Old 23-02-2006, 05:38 PM posted to alt.home.lawn.garden
Timothy

Default soil ammendments which ones?

On Thu, 23 Feb 2006 12:10:43 +0000, turf doc wrote:

Thanks Timothy point taken but we are in the lawns banter section are we
not? maybe I should have made my self a little clearer...soil amendments
for turf. As to which type of turf situation I leave up to you but I’m
guessing that it would be different for say a football pitch as apposed to
a cricket pitch / wicket!

As Steveo stated, your some other place than I am. Quite honestly, your
being cheated by not accessing the whole Usenet. Check out this page of
mine:

http://resources.ywgc.com/info/usenet.shtml

I really wouldn't see much difference between a football pitch and a
cricket pitch as far as soil base and amendments goes. For full
disclosure, I've never been with in a mile of a cricket pitch to truly
know the difference, but I'm assuming that it would be a lot like a
baseball field.

The running paths would be high clay mix that is packed. The grass areas
would be a higher sand mix than the average home lawn for the drainage.
It's not fair to compare a home lawn with a playing field IMHO. A play
field would be an engineered environment with embedded drainage lines,
layered soil and rock and the like. The average lawn install consists of a
dump truck of fair soil and a bobcat. 80)

--
http://resources.ywgc.com/info/