Old 23-02-2006, 02:20 PM posted to austin.gardening
OmManiPadmeOmelet

Default Yucca root from the grocery store...

I see these a lot and they are generally wax coated.
I have no interest in eating them, they are too starchy for a low carb
diet. G

I would, however, like to experiment with growing this variety. It's
supposed to be an excellent livestock feed supplement.

Can I take one of those roots and plant it? Would just lightly scoring
the wax coating allow enough water into it for it to grow?

Anyone ever tried it?

I have a real love of cacti and succulents in general anyway, and would
like to get a cluster of yucca going.
--
Peace, Om.