Old 09-03-2003, 04:20 AM
Dwayne

Default no fruit on peach tree

Where are you as far as cold weather is concerned? Peaches will not produce
if it is exposed to minus 16 degrees F for more than 40 minutes during the
winter. Temps that low for that long will kill the buds that are blossoms.
Next, if your tree is blooming and you get a frost, that will kill any
potential peaches.

That not being the case, do you prune your peach trees correctly? Peaches,
apricots, and nectarines need to have their centers exposed to the sunlight
with pruning.

Have you done a soil test? If everything else is OK, but your soil is low
on phosphate, it will affect the blooming and fruiting. Because it bloomed,
this is probably not the case, but it is something you might want to have
checked.
I use a super phosphate on my plants that bloom and/or produce fruit. It is
the fertilizer that is 0 - 52 - 0. Maybe someone else will have some ideas
also. Good luck. Dwayne

"whiteMemphis" wrote in message

"freebird" wrote in message
hi all, I have a puzzling problem: my 5 year old peach tree has
carried fruit for the last 2 years. This spring it flowered but no
peaches developed. I wonder how this is possible, somehow
fertilization mustn't have occurred. It looks healthy otherwise.
I can't work out how it didn't fertilize when the flowers were there...
very strange.

if anyone has an idea, let me know. Thanks, Barb.

not enough bees?