Old 23-02-2006, 09:02 PM posted to rec.gardens.orchids
Jack

Default Is it worth trying to find parentage on box store "rescues"

Uh, actually I have to grow all my plants under lights (40w flours per
shelf on a shelving unit in front of a window) because I am in Alaska,
so space is getting to be an issue fast. 2 of the plants are going to
be pampered and rebloomed (3wks?) before being given away.

as for taste, like phals ok, will buy them at a good price ($5) but I
am finding that I prefer catts and compact fragrant species. Which
goes into don't get what won't grow for you and your setup, which kinda
sucks as the Phals doing the best with all three of my older ones
blooming now. Some day, hopefully soon I will be able to build my
green house.

That will lead to my next problem of what to do with all the empty
space, I'll have to cross that hurtle when I get there.