Old 24-02-2006, 12:29 PM posted to rec.gardens.edible
Steve Calvin

Default When do I start planting container tomatoes

greenthumb wrote:
I'm in Zone 5. I plan on burying the container in the garden when the
soil is warm enough. Right now,we're still expecting snow! I have
beefsteak and early girl tomatoes.
Do they do well in containers? Linda,NY

Tried it once. The cat thought they were roughage for her
diet... Clipped the shoots off just like a razor would.

You starting from seed? I usually put mine out in May
around here (Poughkeepsie, NY. Zone 5B). But I get the
potted plants from Adams Fairacre Farms and I get the
biggest they have.

--
Steve
No piece of paper can be folded in half more than 7 times.