Old 24-02-2006, 09:12 AM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Nick Maclaren

Default Planting potatoes that turned Green

In article ,
Robert wrote:
"Rusty Hinge 2" wrote in message
. uk...
: The message lgate.org
: from "Cal Mac" contains these words:
:
: I kept potatoes in the garage from last year but light got to them and
: they turned green...They have started sprouting recently and i was
: wondering if it was safe to plant them...
: Thanks in advance.
:
: Yes, but (outside) not yet.
:
We are planting our first ones in Plymouth. I know they'll need protection
from the late frosts but that's a chance we take ..... sometimes lol

Cambridge is still getting regular frosts, and the ground is as cold
as a witch's, er, perhaps I had better not say.

Regards,
Nick Maclaren.