Old 24-02-2006, 09:59 AM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Sacha

Default North facing wall climbers ??

On 23/2/06 23:55, in article , "Emery
Davis" wrote:

snip of great information

Anyway, I hope the above list may prove useful to the adventurous!

It certainly has! In fact, this bit of the thread has inspired us to plant
a 'grove' of maples around what was the duck pond! We're going to let it be
a wildlife pond now and as it is up against a fairly high granite wall,
won't be in direct path of the east wind that hurls itself against our front
door with monotonous regularity at this time of year. I'm looking for Acer
palmatum Coonara Pygmy both for ourselves and to stock in the nursery. It
sounds and looks a beautiful little tree and I think it would be popular.
So my thanks to everyone who has started this off!
--
Sacha
www.hillhousenursery.co.uk