Old 24-02-2006, 01:20 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
shazzbat

Default Planting potatoes that turned Green

"Nick Maclaren" wrote in message
In article ,
Robert wrote:
"Rusty Hinge 2" wrote in message
.uk...
: The message lgate.org
: from "Cal Mac" contains these words:
:
: I kept potatoes in the garage from last year but light got to them and
: they turned green...They have started sprouting recently and i was
: wondering if it was safe to plant them...
: Thanks in advance.
:
: Yes, but (outside) not yet.
:
We are planting our first ones in Plymouth. I know they'll need protection
from the late frosts but that's a chance we take ..... sometimes lol

Cambridge is still getting regular frosts, and the ground is as cold
as a witch's, er, perhaps I had better not say.

Go on, say it. We're gardeners, our world is dominated by the endlessly
repeating cycles of life and death and sex and shit. There's no point in
being coy.

Steve