Old 24-02-2006, 04:17 PM posted to rec.gardens.roses
jtill

Default Bareroot vs. potted

Both TEAS and Robertson's rose shops where I buy most of my plants
purchase bare root roses from Weeks and Jackson and Perkins and pot
them. Then, they sell them as potted plants. Same for LOWE"S and Home
Depot. I don't know of ANY rose shop that sell plants that are truly
potted, whatever that term means today. Once that term meant a plant
that had been grown in a pot, now it just refers to a plant that has
dirt in a pot around a bare rooted plant. The container plant may have
a head start on bare root but not by much. The bare root is easier to
trim and plant also you can select a better root system. I think bare
root is best.
Joe T
Baytown, TX