Old 24-02-2006, 02:23 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Sacha

Default North facing wall climbers ??

On 24/2/06 13:37, in article , "Emery
Davis" wrote:

On Fri, 24 Feb 2006 09:59:37 +0000
Sacha wrote:

snip
I'm looking for Acer
palmatum Coonara Pygmy both for ourselves and to stock in the nursery. It
sounds and looks a beautiful little tree and I think it would be popular.

Hmm, may be a problem, if Ray does his own grafting...

He certainly can and does but not AFAIK on maples.

From "Maples for Gardens":

"... it is difficult to propagate. As often seen in witches'-brooms,
it is short lived and dies back suddenly. It is only rarely available in
the nursery trade due to its fragility, otherwise it would be one of
the few maples suitable for rock gardens."

I'd still like to give it a try if it doesn't cost the proverbial. Though I
have a horrible notion that it will!
snip
--
Sacha