Old 24-02-2006, 11:40 AM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Charlie Pridham

Default North facing wall climbers ??

"La Puce" wrote in message
ups.com...

Janet Tweedy wrote:
Charlie Pridham gave several suggestions for good north facing clematis
which might be in the archives. They are worth a try.

There's a few: 'Mrs Cholmondeley', 'Nelly Moser', 'Perle d'Azur',
'Victoria' and any form the Viticella Group. My friend Rachel has a
nursery in cumbria ran with her parents. I was looking for one north
facing, with the name Penny in memory of a friend who died a few week
ago. Sadly couldn't find any but she suggested a rose, Penny Lane,
which is perfect. They are very helpful and friendly. Do check them
at:-

http://www.ukclematis.co.uk/

Are we talking about the Rachel from Barkers? if so I think they may have
closed, I seem remember something a year or so back in the clematis journal
I get, shame if it is true.

--
Charlie, gardening in Cornwall.
http://www.roselandhouse.co.uk