Old 25-02-2006, 01:06 AM posted to rec.gardens
TonyB

Default Phal bulb

On 2006-02-24 15:13:21 -0500, "David E. Ross" said:

TonyB wrote:

A couple of months ago I was elated over seeing my first sight of a
bulb about to open. It did and lasted almost 7 weeks. In the meantime
another bulb was slowly emerging and I mean slowly. I clipped off the
shrinking flower. My question is that I've seen many bulbs on a plant
like this, but mine merely shows one at a time. Right now, with the
latest bulb about maturing, I don't see any signs of another coming.
Am i doing something wrong?

Are you talking about a Phalaenopsis orchid? If so, they don't have
bulbs.

Come on folks, you know what the person means for Pete's sakes.

I'm not sure why you only get one flower at a time, I can't seem to get
phals to rebloom for me. I can reblooms Paphs and Dens though!

Tom

Well, a real man has responded..thanks Tom. Some people in this group
expect everyone to be as knowledgeable as they may be. Where would this
group be if it weren't for newbies? can do without the sarcasm.