Old 09-03-2003, 11:08 AM
Jane Ransom

Default Childproofing garden ponds.

In article , Brian Watson
writes
The issue is about taking reasonable precautions.

If you have let people with children onto your property and you are aware
there is a hazard, and it appears from the postings so far that "other
people's ponds" are a hazard for children, it makes sense to tell the
visitors about it.

Good God - all my visitors know me and hence know that I have several
ponds and lots of rocks that children can damage themselves on!! I don't
need to tell every visitor every time they come and visit me.
When my children were little and we went somewhere new, I always made
sure I kept my eye on them *all the time*. I would even let them have
minor 'accidents' to let them learn. They always knew that if I warned
them about something, then that something was something to avoid for a
very good reason - and they always remembered.
--
Jane Ransom in Lancaster.
but if you need to email me for any other reason,