Old 09-03-2003, 03:21 PM
Wendy

Default questions from new orchid lover

The book is "Home Grown Orchids by Rebecca Tyson Northern" also there are
some books by Ortho that
you can find at most garden centers.
The following URL has some basic culture & photo's (if this is what your
plant looks like)
http://www.sunbulb.com/dendrobs.htm
Hope this helps............Cheers Wendy
"Wendy" wrote in message
Hello Charlotte & welcome.
We need to know a little more here, as to what type of Dendrobium you

have.
Does it have long straight canes with leaves at the top?
There are quite a few websites that could help & also books.
But..........In the mean time do not over water it. Once a week is fine,

no
direct sunlight &
don't let the pot sit in water.
Don't cut anything unless it is dead, would be a yellow, brown colour.
There is a book by Rebecca Northern that is a good choice, just can't
think of the name & I just got company
so will get back to you here.
Cheers Wendy
"Charlin" wrote in message
om...
I'm hoping for some basic guidance. I have a dendrobium orchid rescued
from the local garden centers "clearance" rack that has finished
blooming. What do I do I can for it now to insure that it will bloom
again? Do I cut anything back? Where can someone go on the web for
basic information such as this? Please advise and thanks very much.

charlotte