Old 09-03-2003, 04:45 PM
Bob Bauer

Default S&W Greenhouse Roses

On Sun, 09 Mar 2003 09:00:31 GMT, Cass
wrote:

I bought Weeks Distant Drums and Outta the Blue about a month ago, so
they're already leafed out. This year Weeks offers a pretty eclectic
group of roses. I see that I actually have 9 of the roses they sell
and I think I could easily buy another 8 shown on the website.

Tom Carruth is a great hybridizer.

Weeks is introducing several GREAT varieties every year. They are by
far the best of the commercial growers. Their plants are usually much
more healthy and large than any of the other 'big boys'.

I picked up a couple of shrubs from Weeks last year - 'Long Tall
Sally' - it is a lot like 'Sally Holmes, except with more color in
the blooms.... 'Raven' - dark red blooms. Both are great.

And let's not forget 'Miami Moon' an excellent floribunda with huge
blooms from last year.

lata.....

Bob Bauer
Zone 6 in Salt Lake City