Old 09-03-2003, 05:32 PM
Cereoid+10+

Default Rant--why don't nurseries label things better?

Then what do you do after security throws you out of the store and your are
banned from there forever?

Tsu Dho Nimh wrote in message
"Tony" wrote:

I'm frustrated about something and thought I'd vent here a bit, so excuse
me....

Example, earlier today I was looking for a Passion Vine. There are many
different varieties of this plant. One large local nursery had quite a
selection in their greenhouse. This nursery is the premier nursery in

this
area with several locations and friendly, helpful stuff. They had at

least
5 different varieties of what I was looking for. All of them labelled

"Red
Passion Vine." Never mind that several of them had different leaf shapes
and other differences were obvious. They were all grouped together as if
they were the same. A very nice staff lady tried to describe the blooms,
but that's not very helpful and it doesn't account for how obviously
different plants would have the same bloom.

Haul all the vines to the checkout, ask to speak to the owner ...
and point out that having clearly different vines all labelled
the same has just put his nursery on your do-not-buy list.

Then abandon the plants and go somewhere where they do label
them.

Tsu

--
To doubt everything or to believe everything
are two equally convenient solutions; both