Old 09-03-2003, 05:32 PM
Zemedelec

Default multiple african violets in the same pot????

If so, how? I have
one reference that says that many modern cultivars have tubers that
are too small for there to be significant survival of dormancy, and it
claims that it isn't worth keeping them after their blooms have faded.

I'm no cyclamen expert, but I know from living in pre-war Lebananon that truly
wild cyclamen will form tubers big as basketballs, and can be cut up into
smaller pieces and bloom in a year. OTOH I had some minature US "florists'
cyclamens" potted and outside in northern California for a number of years, and
they just kept getting bigger and bigger, produced seeds, etc., and now are
growing outside in a friend's garden in the same area and blooming.

zemedelec