Old 09-03-2003, 06:34 PM
Nick Maclaren

Default Childproofing garden ponds.

In article ,
Jane Ransom wrote:
In article , Brian Watson
writes
The issue is about taking reasonable precautions.

If you have let people with children onto your property and you are aware
there is a hazard, and it appears from the postings so far that "other
people's ponds" are a hazard for children, it makes sense to tell the
visitors about it.

Good God - all my visitors know me and hence know that I have several
ponds and lots of rocks that children can damage themselves on!! I don't
need to tell every visitor every time they come and visit me.

I did get a little concerned when my brother came, because I had both
Brugmansia and Gloriosa in the conservatory, so I enquired about his
children's eating habits. There was no problem.

The reason for the concern is that those are SERIOUSLY poisonous, and
not just bellyache fodder.

Regards,
Nick Maclaren,
Email:
Tel.: +44 1223 334761 Fax: +44 1223 334679