Old 09-03-2003, 07:00 PM
Joe

Default Bird nesting boxes

On Sun, 9 Mar 2003 at 18:04:02 Chalfont wrote:

"eddy" wrote in message
.. .
whats a good mounting height on a tree ?
is there a recomended height ?

just as a matter of interest how come i never see any baby wood
pigeons ,they are always fully grown . ??
curious........

i have put up one nest box and a pair of sparrows have appeared .
first time for ages i have seen any sparrows.

http://www.rspb.org.uk/gardens/nestb...stbox.asp?Feat
ureID=26021&ComponentID=26059&SourcePageID=26042# 1

Sparrows are still very scarce in our part of SW London. We have not
seen Ring Necked Doves since last year. A pair of chaffinches have
recently taken to visit us, feeding on the lawn beneath the sunflower
feeders, but despite offering nyger, we have never ever seen a goldfinch
in these parts.

Joe