Old 09-03-2003, 07:44 PM
Frogleg

Default Seven Biggest Cat Boxes in the County

On 7 Mar 2003 07:56:25 -0800, (brian) wrote:

Friends,

I recently moved into a new house. I use the square foot gardening
method, so I tilled up a nice little section and placed several wooden
frames for my plants (three 4x4, two 2x6 and two 2x8).

My problem is that my cat has decided that I've built her the seven
biggest cat boxes in the county.

Light, freshly-turned dirt is just what cats are looking for. Tricia
McConnell (animal behaviorist) suggests both 'aromatic' sprays
(citrus, eucalyptus) for the no-no areas, and providing the cat with
an outdoor 'box' that is similarly attractive.

When you're just starting seedlings, laying chickenwire over the
ground may be sufficient deterent. When the ground firms up and the
plants begin to grow, it'll be a less desirable, um, waste-disposal
site. As long as there's something better in the area.