Old 09-03-2003, 11:56 PM
Fred Garvin

Default Rant--why don't nurseries label things better?

On Sat, 08 Mar 2003 22:27:29 -0500, Tony wrote:

I WANT to buy from the local nurseries, but I also want to know exactly
what I'm buying. I wish I had the experience to look at a plant and
immediately know what variety it is, but I don't--especially if the plant
isn't in bloom. I wish nurseries in my area would do a better job with
this.

Tony

You have a choice. Either don't buy an un-named plant or buy it because
you really like it. Just inform the owner that you wish their plants were
properly tagged. If enough people did that the problem would be fixed.

I hate when plants aren't properly tagged as well but if I like a plant
enough I really don't care which variety the plant is.