Old 10-03-2003, 12:32 AM
Sallyrat&Sweetie

Default Is pineapple a fruit?

Umm... I hate to break up the party folks, but I have three pineapples
sitting in the other room under lights right now that were grown from seed.
Good ole Delmonte golden pineapple seeds The seeds look more or less like
fennel or caraway seeds,very small but not exactly "tiny". I gave my FIL 2
plants and kept three. His are doing better than mine but he actually has
time to mess around with them.

But then again, we have 10 or so baby saguaros that we are growing from seed
too. And they said it couldn't be done. In Ontario no less.:-)

Sally

"Cereoid+10+" wrote in message
Still waiting for you to tell your joke, Frenchie!

Why do you think a fruit needs to have seeds to be a fruit? Botanically, a
fruit is the structure that develops after the flowers fade, regardless of
whether they contain seeds or not.

Françoise wrote in message
To day, I ate an orange without seed. Then it was not a fruit? It tasted
more or less the same as the one I ate 2
weeks ago. This one was a fruit since it had seeds in it. :-)

I feel silly. I feel as joking to night.

Françoise.

Ted Shoemaker wrote:

(Ted Shoemaker) wrote in message

. com...