Old 10-03-2003, 12:34 AM
Gary Woods

Default Official Announcement Winter

(Steve Harris) wrote:

(Possible hint: they were ignored and in an overgrown area up until
about 11 months ago)

You've likely got what I've seen called "blind" daffs; they couldn't make
enough stored food to waste energy on reproduction. If better cared for
this year, you should get flowers next spring.

I've see reports here of similar things happening where the bulbs were not
happily situated: poor soil, shade, etc. The year after planting they do
fine, because they were grown in good conditions, but future blooms are
doubtful.

Gary Woods AKA K2AHC- PGP key on request, or at
www.albany.net/~gwoods