Old 10-03-2003, 03:58 AM
Rodger Whitlock

Default Official Announcement Winter

On Sun, 09 Mar 2003 15:13:05 -0500, Gary Woods
wrote:

This is it:
I hereby announce to all who care to listen that winter has lost its power
over me as of this morning...

And now for a report from our Left Coast colonies: finally, some
snow fell yesterday, the first time this winter. It was lovely
drifting down all day and in late afternoon turning the landscape
white. It was almost entirely gone by this morning when I got up,
having turned to rain. All that effort putting crates of tender
things away went to waste -- it wasn't cold enough to bother
anything.

Cyclamen coum are starting to dwindle. Early erythroniums (E.
dens-canis forms, E. tuolumnense) are showing, as are various
small anemones (blanda, appenina, caucasica). Crocuses are at
their peak or a little past.

--
Rodger Whitlock
Victoria, British Columbia, Canada