Old 26-02-2006, 01:58 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
shazzbat

Default Early mowing

"Janet Baraclough" wrote in message

Yesterday John gave our lawn the first cut of the year, must be our
earliest ever, by almost a month.. Our grass had grown considerably
since the last cut of autumn. The local lawns contractor was mowing a
neighbour's lawn last week.

Anybody else mowing yet?

Janet (Isle of Arran)

I'm going to this afternoon. Ours has looked disgusting all winter, in need
of a cut, but too wet, it's like walking on a sponge. I didn't get to give
it what would have been its last cut in Autumn because of work pressure,
then the rain set in.

The contractors were round here (BH22) on Weds.

Steve