Old 10-03-2003, 12:57 PM
Karen Fletcher

Default Rant--why don't nurseries label things better?

shadow wrote:
....snippage..
: There are actually more than a few articles written on bottom posting vs
: top posting. Bottom posting is generally accepted as the preferred
: method as it makes the thread easier to read. There are proponents of
: the top-posting method, but they are vastly outnumered. If you'd like to
: have a look, here is a pretty good discussion on it.

: http://www.dickalba.demon.co.uk/usen.../faq_topp.html

The top- vs. bottom-posting 'debate' is right up there with the debates of
the Small-endians vs. the Big-endians and MIF vs. TIF. Only muich, much
less genteel ;-)

Of all the pointless USENET discussion (and flamewar) topics over the
years, this one is probably my pick for Most Pointless. I don't know if
this topic holds the USENET cumulative lifetime Longest Thread record but
it's probably in the Top Ten.

Cheers!

-- Karen

The Garden Gate http://garden-gate.prairienet.org
"If you have a garden and a library, you have everything you need."
^and cats -- Cicero
On the Web since 1994 Forbes Best of Web 2002