Old 27-02-2006, 02:48 AM posted to rec.gardens.edible

Default SEEKING OPINIONS ABOUT TOMATO PLANTS

Some of the better tomatoes i have grow are better boy and big beef
both nice red round large tomatoes that start producinging around the
65 to 67 day mark. I also was very happy with sub artic maxi last year
a little larger then a golf ball but it makes up for it's size in
earliness at 45 -50 days I had ripe tomatoes (from transplant) and they
even had taste , some thing that is lacking in most earliy tomatoes.

As for putting containers in the garden with no bottoms I agree with
Antipodean Bucket Farmer if you have the room to plant the containers
in the garden i would just plant the tomatoes directly in the garden ,
if you are going for larger plants with this method they should be well
rooted by that time and you should be able to remove them fron the pots
with out much trouble to put into the ground.