Old 10-03-2003, 06:00 PM
Tumbleweed

Default New home for frogs!

"Sacha" wrote in message
om...
Just an idea I've seen Matthew use here and thought I'd pass along.
He did a lot of cleaning out of the pond last autumn and consequently,
there's little vegetation in there for the toads and frogs to lay eggs
on. So he's taken some rope and tied it round a heavy weight which
he's placed in the pond, allowing the rope to float vertically to the
surface. They seem to like it and there's plenty of spawn attached to
it.
Rather clever, I think and something I'd never have dreamed up!
--

Sacha
www.hillhousenursery.co.uk

Frogs dont lay eggs on vegetation, they seem to lay it anywhere with a
preference for shallow areas.

--
Tumbleweed

Remove my socks before replying (but no email reply necessary to newsgroups)