Old 10-03-2003, 06:32 PM
Tony

Default How do I get fuller growth on Egeria densa?

Hi,

I picked up some Egeria densa last week. I have had good luck with
this plant before and I found a sample for sale that looked very
healthy and dense. I know that this plant grows very quickly and that
seems to be the case in my tank. But, the new growth is not nearly as
full or dense as the existing plant growth. It appears more stringy
(more space between new leaves) than the thick dense older growth.

I have a 46 gallon tank.
I have plenty of light, 4 wpg @ 12hrs a day.
I am using DIY CO2, about 20ppm
Supplementing with Seachem Flourish every other day, 1mL every 48 hrs.
I can give more info tomorrow if needed, I will run my other test
tonight.

My thoughts are that it is not getting enough nutrients, but I would
have thought that my supplement would have helped. Could it be that
this plant would grow denser in a low light environment? It seems
like it is growing so fast that it doesn't give itself a chance to get
dense.

Thanks,
Tony