Old 10-03-2003, 06:44 PM
SteveG

Default new tank..sub recomendations

I use Carrib-sea Tahitian Moon Sand, which is black, mixed with First Layer
Laterite. It looks really nice and it is a great contrast to fish that has
irridescent blue or red scales like Rams and Cardinal tetras. Planting
small shoots of plants is really easy too.

However, even with substrate additives, the roots of my rosette
plants(swords and crypts) are coming out of the sand as if gasping for air.
They're all pointed upwards. I don't know why but sometimes I feel like
running a pair of sheers just over the surface to trim them. They're
healthy and sending out shoots.

No bubbles if I poke around but it does sometimes 'burp'

I'm posting a picture on alt.binaries.aquaria

"WD" wrote in message

"WD" wrote in message
A cannister is ideal for a planted tank of this size. It gives you

control
over the amount of surface turbulence, which can be important if you

decide to
inject CO2.

Eheim still the leader? DIY CO2 is guaranteed, a commercial set-up

likely,
though a few months down the road.

The ECCO series looks good, but didn't hear something about a problem with
that clever handle not sealing properly, and wetting some houses?