Old 10-03-2003, 07:21 PM
Nick Maclaren

Default Climbers

In article ,
Jeanne Stockdale wrote:
The external walls of our house are about to be re-painted. However, several
areas are currently covered with roses/clematis/ivy/winter flowering jasmine

I am happy to completely strip down and get rid of the ivy but don't want
to lose the rest. If I prune these down to ground level, will this cause any
problems, and how long before everything grows up again?

Roses and clematis: it depends on which ones.

Winter jasmine: no and it should flower next winter.

Regards,
Nick Maclaren,
Email:
Tel.: +44 1223 334761 Fax: +44 1223 334679