Old 10-03-2003, 08:45 PM
~ jan

Default Has anyone tried liquid EPDM?

Not to mention that it may not work that well on used liner. Not to mention
the work involved to clean an old liner and do that much seaming, Wow.
~ jan

On Mon, 10 Mar 2003 01:28:27 GMT, "RichToyBox" wrote:

Pat,
Generally the splicing of two pieces of EPDM involves overlapping and use of
a double face tape repair with a single face tape over the exposed lap.
This material says that it will not cure when applied between layers of
rubber, so the overlap would still need the double face tape, I think. The
cure is not defined in the literature. For a roof, it doesn't matter if it
takes weeks, months or years to obtain a complete cure, but for the pond, if
the solvent coming out is toxic, then you would need to have a complete cure
before the material cam in contact with the pond water. Most solvents would
be toxic, and no where does it say that it is fish safe. I would be real
concerned.

See my ponds and filter design:
http://users.owt.com/jjspond/

~Keep 'em Wet!~