Old 10-03-2003, 11:58 PM
John Savage

Default no fruit on peach tree

"freebird" writes:
hi all, I have a puzzling problem: my 5 year old peach tree has
carried fruit for the last 2 years. This spring it flowered but no
peaches developed. I wonder how this is possible, somehow

Some fruit trees (many apples and plums, I know) require flowers of
another tree, even another variety, to properly fertilise. A search
of google should turn up whether this is true for your peach. If so,
it might be that the other tree, from which bees had been pollinating
your tree for the past couple of years, has died or been pulled out
by its owner, oblivious to your dependency on it. You might need to
either plant another peach seedling, or have a branch grafted onto
your tree.

Just a thought.
--
John Savage (newsgroup email invalid; keep news replies in newsgroup)