Old 11-03-2003, 12:12 AM
Alan Holmes

Default leylandii cuttings

"Douglas Fir" wrote in message
"Chris Kitching" wrote in message
what is the secret ingredient to success with leylandii cuttings
i can only get about 10% success with hardwood cuttings

The secret is to dip them in high strength weedkiller before planting!

I have been giving some thought recently on which species of
quick-growing tree to plant as a screen to hide the view of an unsightly
flat-roof garage which is all my down-the-hill neighbour has by way of a
garden. I had thought of tsuga heterophylla and then changed my mind to
thuya plicata, both of them much being nicer than that leylandii.

Then do you know what happened? I read all the smart-alec comments
in this thread and have just ordered 50 leylandii instead.

I strongly suspect you will regret it!

Alan