Old 11-03-2003, 12:32 AM
Phisherman

Default Lawn Fertilizer

On Mon, 10 Mar 2003 17:47:57 -0600, wrote:

With Spring just around the corner, I'm getting ready to start
applying fertilizer and crab grass control. I've used Scott's 4 step
program with very good results, but thinking of trying something new.
Has anyone had any experience with Frank's Nursery & Crafts 4 step
program, or can recommend another brand that they have had good sucess
with?

I just don't get it with the 4-step stuff--it's nonsense. Apply what
your lawn needs and in accordance with your zone and grass type. My
grass is different than yours, but I typically apply (inorganic)
fertilizer at half rate and apply an organic fertilzer in June. What
you apply, how much, and when is far more important than a brand.
Using a provided schedule is better than nothing at all, I guess.