Old 14-02-2003, 03:39 AM
Julia

Default Iceberg vs. Fabulous- comments please?

JimS. wrote:
Hahaha, I forgot that ILPPoS's real name.

Plus, don't forget, this name works for any rose of (*) color you hate,
whose name would then become IL(*)PoS, for example...

But, of course. You still didn't tell me what it was. My latest
IL(*)PoS was Malton, a China that bloomed once over a year ago and never
again. It was a 5-gallon specimen when I got it so it didn't have the
excuse that it needed some size on it before blooming. It's actually
quite cathartic to take out one's frustrations on a non-performing rose.
heheh.

Nah, can't do that. I always think it's my fault, and that if I had been a
better mother it wouldn't have died, so it's not fair for me to take it out
on the rose. (yes, it's sick)

Sure is sick. And I can diagnose your problem. You think you're its
mother. Crikey. You would be its father. I think you might need
professional help. You can find that here.

Don't tell me you're one of those who won't throw anything away!

Guilty-- well, until it's totally dead, anyway. That's why I came up with
this scheme to orphan the rose on the nearby parking strip! Hey, the
rationalization works for me......

Get over it. You will revel in the freedom. That parking strip will
soon look pretty attractive once you're fully planted in other areas and
there are roses you WANT to grow with nowhere else to grow them.

I've been where you are. When I first heard the expression 'shovel
prune,' I was appalled. But there are just so many great roses, it's
not worth the aggravation, or your TIME, keeping a crappy one. If you
can't bear to toss it, give it away.

There are 15,000+ roses in the Naked City. No reason to keep the dogs.