Old 11-03-2003, 02:56 AM
Polar

Default OT-Pennies, how do I redeem 'em?

On Mon, 10 Mar 2003 15:45:19 -0600, "K, T, E & N"
wrote:

Salvation Army bucket a Christmas time. Take off the donation from taxes.

Seems strange that a bank won't exchange money, but I live in the South
where the folks are considered 'poor' and I've never had a problem with any
place taking pennies as legal tender.

Now I see signs all over the place that say "Can't take bills larger than
$20." And once when I went to my bank for cash, I wanted $100 bills
(because I was going furniture shopping and cash talks when haggling) and
the largest they'd give me were $20s. I was confused that they didn't have
bills larger than $20s on hand.

Some supermarkets have machines that will eat your change and give you
bills. I was told they charge 9 cents on the dollar. No personal
experience.

--
Polar