Old 11-03-2003, 03:20 AM
Libralove

Default Bees in your Garden?

in article , Ian at
wrote on 3/10/03 4:27 PM:

I think it is a great idea to start a small hobby beekeeping
operation. The bees will facinate you to no end. Visit the form site
www.beesource.com, it is loaded with great tips and advice. There is
a specific form for beginner beekeeper, so no question is left
unanswered.
Buy your bees after you have researched them a bit. They are a bit of
an envestment of time and money, but will pay you loads of dividends
with honey and pollination services.

Ian

Ian,

I've not bought any. There seem to be plenty around. Someone in my
neighborhood must have some because I always have bees on everything.

The biggest surprise was how much they love duckweed. Yes, duckweed. I took
my son to the Achafalya swamp in Louisiana one summer and brought back a
film cannister full of duckweed.

I dropped the duckweed in my little plastic backyard pond. Well the bees
came flying in, landed on the duckweed, used them as 'floaties' so they
could drink the water. It was so cute!! So now I always make sure I have
some duckweed in my pond.

Best -- LL