Old 11-03-2003, 06:20 AM
Jason

Default Best vine with maximum hieght for side of house.

I've attached tapcons (screws) to the side of my house in a diamond
pattern and run thin wire between them for vines to grow on.

A friend did this and it is looking great. He used jasmine. I've read
that confederate jasimine is really nice. The only difference is that
his house is only 1 story and mine is 2 story. So, his vine only
needed to grow up about 10 feet whereas mine will need to grow up like
25 feet. (these hieghts don't include the extra lenghth from going
back and forth through the diamond pattern)

I'm looking for the best vine to use to reach this hieght. I really
want the look of the leafy vine but flowers in addition would be nice
but not required.
Just looking for the heartest easy to grow vine that could reach that
hieght.

I'm in Miami Florida and the space is a medium sun location.

Thanks for any input.